ADVICE AND INSPIRATION FOR CREATING YOUR OWN ULTRARUNNING EXPEDITION
When was the last time you felt truly alive?
Under-stimulated and unaware, our society lives in the past and the future. Even when we runners do indulge, it's caged by the time constraints and mundanity of stale training routines. In today's world we have more important things to attend to than adventures: responsibilities and real life.
That is a delusion.
Real life is out there. In grit, sweat and blood. In the tears and the struggle; the laughter and wildness of adventure. And it’s passing second by second—who knows when the opportunity might disappear.
So reach out and grab it. Make a commitment to immerse yourself in what you love—to run free and live in the present.
Whatever the time you can afford to give, this guide is a source of inspiration to fuel the fires of your own fastpacking fantasies, and give you all you need to create your own grand adventure.
- The place of expeditions in ultra training
- Inspiration and advice for coming up with an idea
- Designing the profile and details of your expedition
- Guidance on pre-planning, funding and getting the word out
- Training concepts and advice
- A comprehensive planning checklist
- Two featured example expeditions
- Over 10 pages of trail and fastpacking inspiration
AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER BITS AND PIECES
50 pages to turn that wistful dream into full expedition reality
‘Beyond the very extremes of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction.’
— William James —